Looking for the best places in STL to gift experiences from? We are re-sharing this list, just in time for the holidays!
Every year we say that we are “cutting back on Christmas”. It has become so much about the material things. The dump trucks and dinosaurs, the GIANT plastic play houses and kitchens, the millions of tiny piece gifts that you only have ALL of the pieces for on December 25th… when you first open them. Don’t get me wrong, I cannot wait to get my boys the Spider-Man web shooter that they have obsessively been asking for over the past 2 months. But this year, we are changing things up a bit and focusing on gifting experiences.
I recently came across an article about gifting experiences in lieu of regular/wrapped presents under the tree and I was inspired! I have listed 50 options, exclusive to Saint Louis, below to share with family and friends as ideas to get your loved little (and big) ones for the upcoming holidays!
*links included for some as others are generic ideas with many options in the area*
- The Saint Louis Zoo
- Grants Farm
- The Saint Louis Science Center
- The History Museum (they have a great kids area!)
- The Museum of Transportation (take a ride on the train and don’t miss out on the Creation Station)
- The Magic House
- The City Museum
- Horseback Riding Lessons
- The Escape Room (definitely for older kids but loads of fun…and frustration!)
- Saint Louis Blues Tickets
- Saint Louis Cardinals Tickets
- Movie passes (did you know that Marcus Theaters does $5 Tuesday’s?)
- The Fabulous Fox Theater
- The Saint Louis Symphony
- The Muny Outdoor Musical Theater
- Hidden Valley Ski Resort
- Myseum (science based museum for kids)
- Pampering Day (think Sweet and Sassy or mani/pedi time!)
- Tickets for upcoming shows (i.e. Paw Patrol Live, Disney on Ice, concerts, etc)
- St. Louis Aquarium
- Saint Louis City Tickets (Soccer)
- The St. Louis Wheel
- HealthWorks! Museum
- Purina Farms
- Bowling (multiple options available)
- I9 Sports Programs
- Swim Lessons
- Kickaroos Indoor Soccer Lessons
- Bounce U Indoor Bounce House Area
- SkyZone for Air Sports and Jumping Fun
- Miniature Golf
- Arcade Day (love this spot and this one)
- Monkey Joe’s
- Cooking Classes for Kids (check out these and these)
- Upper Limits Rock Climbing and Obstacle Course
- School of Rock Music Lessons
- Spanish Clubhouse
- Olympia Gymnastics (my boys love the “ninja” class!)
- Karate Classes (multiple options available)
- Arts in Motion Dance Classes
- Gymboree Play & Music
- Yucandu Arts and Crafts
- The Little Gym
- Chuck E. Cheese Day!
- Grandma’s Playroom Play Area
- Magic Camp/Classes for the Magician in Training
- Play Street Museum (the cutest museum you’ve ever seen!)
- Painting Classes
- The Botanical Garden (don’t miss all of the programs and classes they offer!)
- Steinberg Ice Skating with the Family
Some other things to think about in gifting experiences: A weekend out of town. Check out some of our sister sites that are within driving distance for cool things to do (Nashville, Kansas City, and Indianapolis are a few of our favs)!
And finally, don’t forget the reason for the season. I try to use this time of year to teach my boys about the joys of giving as well (in addition to being the recipient of these gifting experiences)! Head over to our recent post on places to donate in Saint Louis if you are interested in clearing out some of your gently loved (or new) items to gift to an individual or family in need.
Happy Holidays from this St. Louis Mom!